Running 3.2 miles isn't so bad...



...but 13.1 sounds a bit nutty. Don't even get me started on the whole 26.2 miles thing. Are you marathoners totally insane, or what? Anyway, I'm publicly committing to run the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on May 1st, 2010 at the Illinois Marathon. Now it's your turn to hold me accountable to this. In fact at any point in time from this day forward until the marathon, I give you full permission to harass me about how much [how little] I've been running that particular week.

In addition, expect to hear lots of groaning, complaining, whining and general unhappiness about my current lifestyle choice. And don't be surprised if I start fantasizing about an open bag of Doritos, a LaZboy recliner and a Gilmore Girls marathon. [Cause really, that's the kind of marathon that I'm used to, one that involves the active participation of changing the DVD when we run out of episodes to watch.]

0 comments: