Running on Empty



If you are a parent, you've probably experienced this phenomena. Some days (or maybe even every day) it seems that you are running on empty. You aren't getting enough sleep, have given into eating a poor diet and are mentally fatigued. It makes you feel like a sack of crap, for lack of better example. It sabotages creativity, productivity and even your weight.

I wish there was a quick and easy answer to prevent burnout [because I'd sure make a lot of money by selling that information!] but I do know that we simply aren't designed to give and give without recharging on a regular basis. As I type this, I feel that I'm running on empty and need to recharge, but don't really have the luxury of time to do so. Praise God that we are being whisked away on vacation in a very short amount of time! It is a much needed break. And I fully intend to have a day [which probably really means half a day] of kid-free time, all to myself at some point during that week.

Fill'er up, I'm running on E.

0 comments: