Goals for 2009

2008 was a great year. It was the year in which my son, James, was born. It marked my 4th wedding anniversary with the love of my life. I quit my job to raise my son, then became a part-time nanny. Although our life has changed so much in the past year, it has been both a challenge and a blessing from God. Here's what I've got in store to work on in 2009.

  • Physical fitness. Back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but in desperate need of becoming fit, I have committed to running a 5k on April 11. I will keep you posted each week about how training is going.
  • Taking better care of me. Each day I will make healthier eating choices and begin to (re-) adopt habits that keep me healthy. It's the little things I've neglected, like consistently washing my face, flossing my teeth, etc., that have to change for my own sanity and well being.
  • Spiritual maturity. Reading my Bible every day via RSS feed has already become habit, but I want to study the Scriptures more and be in constant prayer in order to be more obedient to my Heavenly Father.
  • A sibling for James. After much prayerful consideration, Toby and I made the decision to let our babies happen the natural way. As James weans himself, this means that I will hopefully be able to conceive this year. We are praying that God will bless us with many children and that we will be faithful to raise them up in righteousness.
Happy New Year to you all!

0 comments: