New Meaning to Christ's Sacrifice

"...In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe..."


- "In Christ Alone" Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend

The baby shampoo company, Johnson & Johnson, is right--having a baby changes everything. Your whole life is turned upside down the minute your bundle of joy is placed in your arms, never to return to the way it used to be. I can (and will in the near future) ramble on and on about the things that are new and challenging daily, but for now I'd rather share with you some of the beautiful things God is revealing to me through my son.

1) We are good and perfect gifts...because God created us. Life is sacred, and James has made me appreciate that so much.

2) Jesus became flesh. Wow. I can't comprehend the fullness of God, but now I've seen and know the helplessness of a babe. It brings me to tears every time we sing "In Christ Alone."

3) God gave us His only Son. This truth has hit closer to home than ever before. What an incredible, beautiful sacrifice.

0 comments: