Time Warp


This morning I decided to turn on the TV while James napped. Since we don't have cable, I found the only thing on even close to being worth watching--WGN. They had an hour block of 2 shows which I am not very familiar with: "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie."

First off, the Bewitched episode made me laugh because Samantha kept referring to a man from Japan as an "oriental." I've only heard one person in my entire life use that word. It was a bit bizarre.

Secondly, I had to laugh at "I Dream of Jeannie" as Major Nelson desperately tries to hide Jeannie from his coworkers. They just KNOW something is up, because, as they insist, a man just cannot be a bachelor and "put on weight." *giggles*

These days I am a bit more 1950's housewife-ish than most of my generation, I must admit. I'm working hard to have the dishes done and dinner on the table when Toby gets home (all-the-while holding a baby on my hip). But before James was born, I got off of work an hour after my Dear Husband, so he had dinner on the table for me. What would Elizabeth Montgomery think of me? ;-)

0 comments: